This part focuses on ‘Landscape of Place’ as a multi-layered experience of place where ‘subjective’ and ‘objective’ elements interact.
Following the skills priorities indicated in my personal statement I focus on:
- photography itself: the process of composing and image-making with iPhone and my Canon DSLR camera
- different forms of colour, monochrome and split tone digital processing in Adobe Lightroom and NikFX
- different photographic and artistic effects that can be produced in Photoshop
I start to investigate market possibilities for my photographs and submit selected images to stock image galleries.
I then further develop these series in Assignment 5.2 as:
- Wish You Were Here fine art prints and cards
- Different forms of narrative: Photobooks and animated slideshows with sound in After Effects
- sequential narratives and different approaches to narrative
- Selected images are then re-worked as and/or using scraperboard.