I am interested in a range of different illustration, printmaking and photographic styles including:
- surrealist minimalism of Alessandro Gottardo, David Shrigley and Rose Wylie
- cartoons of Gerald Scarfe, Ronald Searle and Yoshimoto Nara
- political collages and prints from US Civil Rights movement
- angry images of Basquiat, Tracey Emin and Louise Bourgeois
- graphic narrative styles of Dave McKean and Shaun Tan
- Japanese dark styles of Daido Moiyama, Koichi Yamamoto, Hiroshi Sagamoto and other black and white photographers
- Middle East political street art
- African geometric design
For more details see the links in the right-hand menu of this post, and the selected Inspiration menus for each project (all will be extended and updated as I work through this course).
I am a member of:
- Association of Illustrators
- House of Illustration
- Cambridge Urban Sketchers
- Cambridge Camera Club
I participate in:
- printmaking events and workshops at Curwen print studios and St Barnabas Press in Cambridge
- Facebook networks for iPad, gouache, ink illustrators.
- OCA study visits accessible from Cambridge.