Austin Bachelor mainly does sketches and line art on paper and then brings into Procreate to colour and tidy up, putting lighting effects etc.
- Fat pencil from Mike Henry just modify size limits on technical pencil
- Round brush for underpainting with opacity fall off for pressure
- Charcoal block and Nikko Rull
- Sometimes large soft brush for gradient
- Texture brush for background. Do underpainting select and enlarge.
- Clean line art: Use studio pen. Vary lineweight, streamline about 30%.
How to bring in Line Art
Paint out all around the lineart. Adjust with curves to get the paper completely white and lines as black as possible. Then set to multiply. If you lock the later you can then easily paint underneath or on top.
How to recolour Line Art.
Have all line art on one line. Can just drag and drop colour then use the adjustment sliders to alter colour,brightness etc. If you want to just draw a different colour on a selected area, select the layer and brush it over.
Put different elements on different layer. With alpha lock. And use adjustment sliders. Can drop different colours first.
Select shape with lasso create a new layer and paint over selection. Can also reverse selection in the select mode.