Continues exploration of photographic styles, meaning and communication from Assignment 2.2, further developing my creative process workflow as it related to photographic media.
Monochrome and photographic experiments with Lightroom, AnalogFX and Photoshop, with using creative prompts.
Also draws on styles from printmaking like screenprint, cyanotype and solar plate.
And asks for feedback from different audiences.
Some issues to be considered
- Photographer and subject: the photographer as voyeur ‘shooting’ images of
issues and themes that are not necessarily the same as the subjects of the photo.
- Is the image showing how things are, or how the photographer want things to be? or how the audience wants to see them? Selective editing and erasure (eg cars and rubbish bins)
- Different focus and viewpoint – is the photographer directing the image or leaving interpretation open?
- Present, past and future – places change over time – even over a few seconds – short term, long term, historical perspective and layers – the past is always present but maybe the message is for the future.
- Exploration and deepening understanding of tensions and contradiction of reality over time
1 define it
2 make it bold
3 let’s look at the real thing
4 introduce time motion and sound
5 what is the key moment?
6 create a variation
7 connect play, fantasies and daydreams
8 combine seemingly arbitrary content
9 erase the distinctions between the original and the copy
10 consider again your motivation
11 make it obvious
12 make it ambiguous
13 remind yourself
14 bounce around at speed
15 ‘we’ve got a problem, Houston’