Ross Bollinger Pencilmation https://www.youtube.com/user/rossbollinger
Stick Figures styles for animation
12 cel animation principles
from Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnson:
2) anticipation and leading attention, can have multiple levels
3) Staging/exaggeration/sequencing to make things clear
4) straightahead/pose to pose drawing
5) Follow through and overlapping action
6) slow in slow out
8) secondary action
11) solid drawing
Smooth versus flow
Difference between fluid animation and smooth animation:
- Smooth is about the frame rate – how many new frames occur per second of animation.
- Flow is about the gesture of the drawings, the arcs, the drag and follow through of a movement.
To get smooth animation, you just need to draw plenty of in-betweens until all of your animation is on 1s
Flow is more complex to get right than smooth.
Animator Guild: https://www.animatorguild.com