VERY preliminary experiments, curtailed by RSI. To be applied to relevant projects in the course. See Review.
ArtRage has a variety of brushes, pencils, crayons, rollers, and pastels. It has:
- an interesting oil tube option, that can be smeared into a textured oil painting.
- watercolour brushes which can produce some striking effects.
- a variety of canvas presets and paper options that alter the texture of the brushes. These can be altered as an image progresses so that multiple textures can be applied in the same image.
- roughness of paper can be adjusted so your pencils can be used for soft shading.
- range of Layer Blend Modes
- photos can be imported and converted to oil for smearing or use as reference images, or trace over images.
- paints can be mixed with one another on the canvas
Drawings can be recorded for later viewing on the desktop.
Tutorials from You Tube
Basic tutorial series from ‘the Theatre Professor’